The Hillview Hangout
Welcome to The Hillview Hangout. Nashville may be known for Country Music but our genres are actually quite varied. One of the best qualities of our city is the coming together of such diversity to create a vibe that undeniably gives us the name Music City. This space was created with the merging of creative, eclectic décor to reflect the diversity of the city we call home. Aside from its retro vibe, the top 5 reasons guests love our studio are…
1. THE LOCATION
- Nestled in the Melrose neighborhood, a popular, safe and easily walkable area that is home to several well-known restaurants like Hattie B's, The Sutler and ML Rose, grocery & convenience stores, bars and more!
- 10- minutes by car to: Downtown Nashville (Broadway, The Ryman, Music City Center, Bridgestone Arena, Ascend Amphitheater), Nissan Stadium (home of the Titans, CMA Fest) & the Nashville International Airport.
- Minutes to Vanderbilt University, Belmont University and Lipscomb University.
- Walk to the neighboring area of 12South in 20-minutes where there is more great food, drink, shopping and even Sevier Park.
- Centrally located to many Nashville events: concerts at Bridgestone Arena, Predators Games, Titans Games, Tin Pan South, Music City Rock N Roll Marathon, Steeplechase, CMA Festival, several Arts & Craft Shows, Live on the Green, Music City Midnight (NYE) and more.
2. OUR AMENITIES
As frequent business and leisure travelers ourselves, we have tried to think of things that will make your stay more convenient and comfortable.
- FREE WIFI
- Fully equipped kitchen & dining table
- We are family and dog* friendly (*additional pet fee applies)
- Travel-size shampoo & body wash for each guest
- TV with Roku for access to Netflix, Hulu & Amazon + HDTV Antenna (no cable)
- DVD player & variety of DVDs
- Self- check in with keyless entry
- Dedicated work space
- Access to washer & dryers in community laundry room (pay machines)
- Professionally cleaned between each guest stay- even the comforters!
3. EXTRA TOUCHES
These small touches make a big impact for your stay.
- Water & individually wrapped snacks for each guest upon arrival
- 4- way coffee pot & coffee
- Tea kettle & tea
- Creamer & sugar
- Record player and records
- Sound machine & ear plugs
- Blue-tooth speaker
4. OUTDOOR SPACE FOR SUMMER
- Community pool (open in summer)
- Community patio area with tables and chairs (open in summer)
- Free, onsite parking
5) LOCAL SAVINGS
- We have partnered with local tour companies, restaurants, bars and more through our local short term rental group to get you discounts and save you $$HUNDREDS$$ during your stay. Choose our home and you will have access to these exclusive savings!
- Book a week-long stay and receive 20% OFF, book 30+ days and receive 25% OFF (NOTE: Prices calculate automatically when qualifying dates are selected)
** We encourage you to check out the "IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS BEFORE BOOKING YOUR STAY" and “HOUSE RULES” notes at the bottom of this page prior to booking your stay at The Hillview Hangout to make sure it's the right space for you.**
** For an early check-in/late check-out, we suggest booking the night prior to or after your arrival. To be considerate of other guests who are departing/ arriving we are unable to offer this otherwise. We are also happy to refer you to local luggage storage companies with discount codes if you are arriving earlier than standard check-in time or departing later than standard check-out time.**
The Melrose Neighborhood:
- The studio is nestled in the Melrose neighborhood off of 8th Ave South in Berry Hill and close to Downtown Nashville. It is walking distance to everything you may need (or want) while enjoying your stay in Nashville: restaurants like the popular The Sutler and Sinema, bars like ML Rose, coffee shops, music, grocery stores, drug store, shopping, fitness studios, tap room/ liquor stores, ice cream store and even 2 hot chicken joints, Hattie B's and Boltons.
- Central location to many Nashville events: Concerts at Bridgestone Arena, Predators Games, Tin Pan South, Music City Rock N Roll Marathon, Steeplechase, CMA Festival, several Arts & Craft Shows, Live on the Green, Music City Midnight (NYE) and more.
- Walking distance to the popular 12 South neighborhood with Sevier Park and more shopping, dining and drinking to await you (1.1 mi, approximately 20 minutes by foot)
- Minutes by car from key Nashville destinations & other popular neighborhoods:
- Downtown Nashville / Broadway (2.4 mi / 3.9 km)
- Nissan Stadium, home of the Tennessee Titans and CMA Music Festival (3.2 mi / 5.1 km)
- Ascend Amphitheater (2.6 mi / 4.1 km)
- Bridgestone Arena (2.4 mi / 3.9 km)
- Music City Convention Center (2.4 mi / 3.9 km)
- The Ryman (2.7 mi / 4.3 km)
- Country Music Hall of Fame (2.5 mi 4 km)
- Vanderbilt University (2.7 mi 4.3 km)
- Belmont University (1.1 mi / 1.8 km)
- Grand Ole Opry (10.8 mi / 17.4 km)
- Nashville International Airport (8.6 mi/ 13.8 km)
- The Gulch Neighborhood (1.7 mi / 2.7 km)
- 12 South Neighborhood (1.1 mi / 2.8 km)
- Hillsboro Village (1.8 mi / 2.9 km)
- Midtown (3 mi / 4.8 km)
- Germantown Neighborhood (4.4 mi / 7 km)
- East Nashville (3.2 mi / 5.1 km)
- Close to highway access for those venturing to nearby towns like Franklin, Arrington Vineyards or Leiper's Fork
Please be mindful that we are located in a neighborhood. We have amazing neighbors all around us so we ask that you please be respectful to our neighborhood, neighbors and studio.
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS BEFORE BOOKING YOUR STAY:
- Though located on the first floor, the studio is only accessible via a small step.
- Community pool and patio only accessible via a full flight of stairs. There is no elevator in the building.
- We are on the 1st floor of the condo building and there are tenants above that you will likely hear from time to time. We offer ear plugs and sound machines just in case you're a light sleeper. 🙂
- There is a standard queen bed (sleeps up to 2) and a sleeper sofa that opens to a queen bed (sleeps up to an additional 2).
- We cannot accommodate Saturday checkins/ checkouts.
- Community pool opens for Memorial Day weekend (last weekend in May) and closes after Labor Day weekend (first weekend in September). Therefore, pool is closed from September through May.
- Our rates are dynamic which means that they change based on day of week, season, etc. Please enter your exact dates and guest count to calculate pricing. We charge an extra guest fee of $10 per guest per night for any guest count over 2 (our max guest count is 4).
- The studio is located on a bustling street with through traffic (thanks to its popularity). For this reason, you may hear street noise or passersbys
- No dishwasher
- We have a TV with Roku for Netflix and Hulu, etc but there is no local cable available.
- Washer and Dryer located in an onsite laundromat in the same building. They are PAY machines. No detergent provided.
- Pets: We love and welcome potty trained dogs that get along with other dogs (there may be other dogs at the building). There is a fee of $15/ day/ dog- up to 2 dogs not over 40 lbs per stay. Please select the number of pets at the time of booking and this fee will automatically be included in your reservation. Please see house rules for pet policies.
- We are in the South, y'all. Due to the climate, there are bugs here. Our building offers regular pest control and in addition to that, we have regular pest control done inside and around the studio. You may see bugs while out and about the city, around the building and every once in a blue moon one of these unsightly critters makes its way into the studio despite our extreme efforts to avoid it. We hate them, too but unfortunately it is unavoidable. Should this occur during your stay, please notify us immediately and we'll get our pest control provider out as quickly as they are available.
- We follow all regulations of Berry Hill, including holding a permit, following quiet hours and occupancy restrictions. Even if you do not choose our studio, we highly suggest you stay with another permitted host.
- Age: Guests under the age of 21+ are more than welcome however the primary guest booking the reservation must be 21+ years of age AND staying for the entirety of the reservation (this is required by our local laws). We do ask that guests under the age of 21 are accompanied by the primary guest, parents or guardians at all times for their own safety.
- Behavior: Please keep the Honky Tonkin and partyin' on Broadway and not in the home or our neighborhood, please. By city law, Nashville quiet hours are from 10 pm to 8 am daily.
- Occupancy: Due to the home size we do have to respect our maximum occupancy requirement of 4 guests at any time.
- Signage and Decor: You may be coming to celebrate a special event and we're happy to be a part of that. However, Nashville allows no signage or decor of any kind to be placed outside of the home. Feel free to decorate the interior as long as no decor or signage is visible from the exterior of the home. We also ask that you refrain from using tacks, pins or tape on the interior and remove any decor prior to leaving. 🙂
- Damage: We understand that accidents happen but please let us know when they do. Chances are we can fix them as effortlessly as possible which also means better chances of having your full security deposit returned.
- Plumbing: We would like to avoid having a plumber come and crash your stay so please avoid flushing anything other than toilet paper down the toilet.
- Pool: Follow posted community pool rules. We would like to especially point out not to remove the pool rope. This is a safety violation and the city will shut down the pool if this happens. NOTE: Though rare, there can be occasional pool closures due to various, unforeseen circumstances that are beyond our control. Unfortunately, we can offer no refund if this is the case. We will however offer pool passes for each registered guest (up to 4 guests) to the nearby YMCA pool at no additional expense to you should this occur during your stay.
- Post-Swimming: We provide pool towels for your use. Please do not leave them at the pool. When returning from the pool, please do not sit on any furniture wet or leave wet swim suits/clothing/towels on furniture or floors.
- Security: Please keep the front door locked when in or leaving the studio.
- Smoking: Smoking is ONLY on the front balcony, no smoking in the studio.
- Kitchen: Please wash any items you use and return them to their rightful place in the home.
- Pets: We love and welcome potty trained dogs that are under 40 lbs and get along with other dogs (there are other dogs in the building). There is a fee of $15/ day/ dog (please select the number of pets at time of booking and this will calculate automatically).
- Up to 2 dogs allowed per stay with the following conditions
- Please let us know ahead of time if you plan to bring them. If you do not select this and bring a pet, this will result in forfeiture of your security deposit.
- Avoid having them on the furniture or keep furniture covered with blankets/covers brought by you
- Utilize the pet waste bags we have provided and pick up after your pets once they have done their business outdoors. Please dispose of this in the pet waste receptacle located outside the studio.
- We utilize a NoiseAware noise monitoring device to ensure quiet hours are observed. Please do not tamper with or unplug the device.
- We are unable to accommodate Saturday checkins/ checkouts. We cannot accept new or modified reservations that would entail a Saturday checkin or checkout.
- Family amenities: We have a High Chair and Pack N' Play available for guest use. Please notify us at the time of booking if you plan to use these. We leave them offsite and will gladly bring them over for your stay but we must know in advance.
- Checkin Available
- Checkout Available
- Not Available
|Season||Period||Min. Stay||Nightly Rate||Weekly Rate|
|Studio Sleeping Area|| || || ||Queen Memory Foam Mattress|