What is #BookDirect?
The Second Annual #BookDirect Guest Education Day, championed by the team at VRM Intel is set for February 6, 2019. Vacation rental managers and homeowners will join forces for one day with a singular message to let travelers know that there are many advantages to booking directly with homeowners or management companies.
Why is #BookDirect Important to us?
Richard and I (Megan, here) are independent vacation rental homeowners. To us, more than anything, #BookDirect Day is symbolic of maintaining our independent identity and not being referred to as just another “AirBnB” or “VRBO.”
Please don’t get us wrong, we are huge fans of AirBnB and VRBO to advertise our homes and safely connect us with guests. In fact, that’s how a lot of our guests find us. But as someone who has spent 19 years in advertising, I know that initial connection is where their involvement ends. Creating an amazing experience for our guests’ means that once you’ve booked, the rest is up to us- not AirBnB, HomeAway or VRBO.
Behind every reservation we’re in the background taking notes on why each guest is coming to town; our rock star professional cleaning crew is cleaning every crevice in the home whether it looks like the last guest touched it or not; I am going behind them fluffing pillows, restocking coffee, making sure the key code works; and during your stay, waiting on the ready to answer questions like ‘where can we get chicken and waffles on a weekday?’. It may be a lot of work, but making sure our guests feel welcome from the moment they walk through the front door of our homes is something we love and take pride in.
During your stay, we want you to feel the comfort of being “at home” with the laid back feeling of being away from yours. We put care into every aspect of our homes and your stay:
- We purposely selected our homes based on their amazing locations that we, ourselves frequent and trust
- I lovingly designed each home with intention to maximize the space and make sure everyone is comfortable during their stay
- As frequent business and leisure travelers, we made a list of things we wished we had during our own travels and put them in our homes
- I am the President of the local short term association and through that and our own, direct partnerships with local businesses, we have worked to get you discounts that can save you hundreds on dining, attractions and even luggage storage while in town
These are our homes, you are our guests and we want to maintain that connection and identity independent of any other website like Airbnb or VRBO. Kind of how you may have found your personal home on a website like realtor.com or Zillow but simply call it your home, not your realtor.com. 🙂
Want to Partake in the Celebration?
To celebrate our independence and help raise awareness for the #BookDirect movement, we’re offering a special that you can only get through our website.
Book 4+ Nights for ANY 2019 Stay | Get a Night FREE!
Want to take us up on the offer?
- Head over to view our selection of homes
- Select the home you’d like to stay in for your visit
- Select your dates (note: you must select 4 nights or more)
- Enter the promo code BOOKDIRECT and select ‘redeem’
- Watch you free night magically appear as a ‘discount’
- Select ‘Book Now’ and fill in the rest of your info
- Watch for an email from us to help you start planning your stay
Just a few little stipulations to make you aware of:
- Reservation must be made between February 6, 2019 and February 10, 2019 (offer expires 11:59pm CT on 02/10/2019).
- Offer is valid for 1 free night and is automatically applied to the night of least value regardless of stay duration
- Not valid on prior reservations
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer
- Not valid at our Extended Stay Home, The Little House
Because we are independent owners, you’ll always speak directly to us and get the best price when you contact us or book directly on website. Beyond, that however, by booking direct, you are supporting our independence and the ability for us to keep on doing what we do for you, the guest.
Thank you for allowing us to host you. Thank you for letting us and our homes be part of your Nashville memories. Thank you for making what we do so worthwhile!
Megan & Richard